Prepare for your first visit using our checklist of what to bring and our suggestions for what to do before, during and after your appointment.
- Request a referral from your specialist or primary care physician.
- Recall and write down any questions or concerns related to your pulmonary problems.
What to Bring to Appointment
As a new patient, please bring the following items:
- A copy of your driver’s license
- Your insurance information
- If you have received a new Medicare card with your new Medicare number, please bring your card to any appointments with your physician. This will ensure we have the correct number so that your claims will be processed more efficiently.
- All medications you are currently taking
- A copy of your medical records, x-ray films/reports, and CDs with CT scans/reports if applicable.
- Be prepared to make your co-payment for your office visit.
- Answer all questions you are asked about your condition and medical history to the best of your ability.
- Ask any questions you may have about your pulmonary condition and treatment plan.
- Follow up with any pulmonary care orders that were discussed during your appointment, such as chest x-rays, laboratory tests, allergy testing, CT scans, and check in appointments.
- Pick up medications prescribed to you by your physician or nurse practitioner.
We accept/participate with the following insurance plans:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
- Coventry Health Care
- Evercare (division of United Health Care)
- Alabama Medicaid
- Mississippi Medicaid
- Southern Care
- United Healthcare
- Viva Health
Most insurance companies require that we collect a co-pay at the time of your appointment. If you are a new patient, our business office will call and let you know what your co-pay will be prior to your appointment.