Prepare for your first visit using our checklist of what to bring and our suggestions for what to do before, during and after your appointment.
- Request a referral from your specialist or primary care physician.
- Recall and write down any questions or concerns related to your pulmonary problems.
What to Bring to Appointment
As a new patient, please bring the following items:
- A copy of your driver’s license
- Your insurance information
- All medications you are currently taking
- A copy of your medical records, x-ray films/reports, and CDs with CT scans/reports if applicable.
- Be prepared to make your co-payment for your office visit.
- Answer all questions you are asked about your condition and medical history to the best of your ability.
- Ask any questions you may have about your pulmonary condition and treatment plan.
- Follow up with any pulmonary care orders that were discussed during your appointment, such as chest x-rays, laboratory tests, allergy testing, CT scans, and check in appointments.
- Pick up medications prescribed to you by your physician or nurse practitioner.
We accept/participate with the following insurance plans:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
- Coventry Health Care
- Evercare (division of United Health Care)
- Alabama Medicaid
- Mississippi Medicaid
- Southern Care
- United Healthcare
- Viva Health
Most insurance companies require that we collect a co-pay at the time of your appointment. If you are a new patient, our business office will call and let you know what your co-pay will be prior to your appointment.